Beginning in 2002 with a handful of women in the squatters area of Antipolo City, Philippines, PWP has since expanded into Ban Nam Kem, Thailand- Barathapurham, India- and Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Hundreds of women have been given a hand-up rather than a hand-out as they have become aware of their own self reliance through micro-enterprise training. The cycle of poverty has continued to be broken by utilizing educational scholarships for youth- supporting hundreds of children in school. We have also shipped thousands of boxes of much needed food, educational supplies, hygiene kits and books to remote provinces. And last (but not least), from eyeglasses, to sewing machines to dental work, PWP has supported dozens of individuals with much needed in country medical assistance.
While PWP has spent over a decade dedicated to disadvantaged women in developing countries, it is truly the socially minded woman in America who has enabled life long change to occur. By caring about where her accessories are made, what they are made from, and who will actually benefit by her spending dollars, thousands of lives are improved and dramatically changed for the better. This is the beauty of a social-impact organization. When a product is purchased from PWP, over 72% is used to impact the life of another human being on the other side of the world. The remaining 28% is used here in America for marketing and raising awareness.